Forms and Information

Timeline for Satisfactory Progress and Progression Forms

Minimum Credit Requirements by Semester

Graduate Learning Goals

How to Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP)

Professional Development Opportunities in Graduate School

Enroll for Research Credits - Instructions, ENROLL EARLY!

In order to enroll for research credits (Zoology 990), send your:

  • Name
  • Campus ID
  • Name of your advisor, and
  • Term in which you want to enroll

to Kayla Pelland ( She will grant you permission to enroll and email you confirmation so you can enroll online. 

Always make sure Carol Cooley knows how you are being funded so that she can be sure you are payrolled appropriately.

Don't forget that the Graduate School is less and less forgiving of late enrollments (unless you have a really good reason!)

If you have enrollment questions, please contact Nazan Gillie (; 608-262-2741) or Kayla Pelland (; 608-262-2742).

Progress Reports

Thesis/Dissertation Proposal and Defense Evaluation Rubric

Graduate School Requirements and Completing Your Degree Guide - 3 months before graduation and the completion of your degree, get in touch with the Graduate Student Coordinator to go over all requirements.

John Jefferson Davis Travel Awards

Graduate Summer Research Awards

GSSA Research Travel Awards

Grievance Procedures

Need Help?

If you have questions or concerns related to credit hours, annual reports, forms, degree and graduation requirements, contact:

Kayla Pelland, Graduate Student Coordinator, B154 Birge Hall,; 608-262-2742

If you have questions or concerns about degree progress, mentor-mentee interactions, program requirements and expectations, contact:

Lauren Riters, Ph.D., Zoology Professor, Director of Graduate Studies,; 608-262-6506